We have taken the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is not unlawfully processed. Jointing Technologies uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, including firewalls and secure socket layers.
During the payment process, we ask for personal information that both identifies you and enables us to communicate with you. We will use the information you provide only for the following purposes.
- To send you newsletters and details of offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested.
- To improve the content design and layout of the website.
- To understand the interest and buying behaviour of our registered users
- To perform other such general marketing and promotions focused on our products and activities.
This site uses Google Analytics which helps us understand how you use the Jointing Technologies site and allows us to improve your web experiences. For more information on Google Analytics Cookies please visits the official Google Analytics page (www.google.com/analytics)
What are Cookies?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website that improve your site experience.
You can prevent cookies by adjusting the settings on your computer browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Please be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of the Jointing Technologies and other website(s).
The Jointing Technologies website will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
Privacy Statement - Updated November 2020
Jointing Technologies are a distributor of specialist power cables and accessories in Ireland and across the globe.
Where do we get your data from?
- If you contact us by telephone and request us to send you information, we will hold that data on file to allow you to contact us and be advised on your enquiry.
- If you contact us via an enquiry form or subscription online at www.jointingtech.ie we will keep a record of the information you provide on our business database. We hold this database and may send you communications that we believe you will find of interest. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive such emails you may unsubscribe and no future such emails will be sent to you.
Using our website:
When you visit our website, we may receive information summarising your visit from Google Analytics. Any such data are anonymous e.g. number of visitors on our site at any one time, most frequently visited pages, time spent on the website etc. We use this information to improve our website, expanding on popular pages and allowing us to provide better content. Because the data we receive is anonymous we do not know the names of any individuals that visit our site(s) nor do we know what pages an individual visited during their website journey.
What do we use your data for?
- We hold your contact information in order to process and respond to your enquiry or carry our request on your behalf.
- We hold supplier contact information in order to process commercial transactions
- The legal bias for holding this information is GDPR 6 (1) F: ‘processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the controller’ this includes the pursuit of normal commercial business practices such as contacting our suppliers and customers
- Jointing Technologies also keeps contact details and bank details as part of its financial records in order to meet legal obligations and file annual accounts with Companies House as well as meeting legal obligations with regards submitting Corporation Tax assessments to HMRC. The legal basis for holding this information is GDPR 6 (1) C: ‘processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligation’.
How long do we keep your data?
HMRC stats that a limited company must keep records for six (6) years from the end of the last financial year they relate to (https://www.gov.uk/running-a-limited-company/company-and-accounting-records). Jointing Technologies will keep financial records, which may include personal contact details and/or personal details, for no less than this specified timeframe.
Non-financial data is reviewed annually.
Who do we share your data with?
Jointing Technologies do not share your data with any third-party companies without obtaining specific consent to do so.
To protect commercial information Jointing Technologies will implement Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) where appropriate.
Who else has access to your data?
We store some contact details in financial and client files which may be shared with business advisors in order to meet legal obligations or for normal commercial practices.
Protecting your data:
Almost all data is stored electronically on encrypted, password protected platforms. This data cannot be easily accessed even in the event of a physical machine removal. Access to servers in house is protected by a locked, password only room on site.
Our mailing lists and you:
Subscription to our mailing list is made voluntarily via our website. If you no longer wish to receive marketing or sales emails you may, at any time, unsubscribe via reply email or by contacting our marketing department on: email@example.com where your email address will be unsubscribed from future such communications on your behalf.
Your right to complain:
An individual has the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if there is a belief that there is a problem with the way Jointing Technologies is handling their personal data.
Your data rights under GDPR
In addition, the introduction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides the following rights in respect to the holding of personal data:
- Right to be informed
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability (where processing is based on consent or for the performance of a contract)
- Right to object
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
Automated decision making and profiling
Personal data supplied to us is not, in any way, used for automated decision making or profiling
If you have any questions about your data you can contact us using any method provided on our contact page or contact our marketing team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information about cookies on the Jointing Technologies, Ireland website please contact us on email@example.com